Marking Steel by Hock Tools
178mm Long, 19 mm Wide (max), 2.4mm Thick, Weight 14 grams, Single-sided spear point blade.
Sometimes getting a knife mark as a measure requires a single-sided bevel blade, mostly a chisel can serve but occasionally i.e. when marking the inside measure of trims around a cabinet or toolbox a marking steel is the only tool that will work. The 025 (1/4") steel is too light and too small to hang onto. This 075 (3/4") steel is slightly thicker and more robust so will be easier to handle and is inexpensive so occasional use does not break the bank.
- at 2.4mm thick it can still get pretty much anywhere into narrow spaces.
- it is very light
- can be held in a "pencil grip"
- the bevels are not thick so they can easily be resharpened
- it will not flex, where it can stray from the line wishing to be marked.
- the spear point allows marking directionally left and right.
- it is not expensive, so if it is not used all the time it does not rob value funds from other purchases.
- the positioning holes are 3/16 “ (4.76 mm) and you can fit readily available brass rods through for this task and make your own handles, for use as an inexpensive spear point marking knife.
Marking Steel by Hock Tools 0.75
- Brand: Hock Tools
- Product Code: 2-MK- MJHO-075
- Availability: Available
- Ex Tax: AUD $44.55