Essential Skills of Woodworking
1-Essential Skills of Woodworking (code ESWJ).... 4 Days.... Experience = none required.....
N.B. this is a fundamental hand tool workshop.
For how to achieve Straight, Flat, Square, and Sharp..... every time!
- This course covers the tools and equipment from hand planes, handsaws, marking devices, chisels, and workbenches.
- Correct procedures for tool sharpening and stock preparation.
- Instruction in practical techniques including theory sessions around hand tools and hand tool work-practices.
- How to set up the tools and use them.
- Timber types and use.
- Some joints, and their uses.
- Bench types, and why they are all important to hand tool work.
- Required jigs that will enhance the accuracy, consistency, ease, and speed of your work. Includes the demonstration of and reasons for and use of these jigs, and hands-on tool, and jig work to ensure you understand the proper technique for using them, which jigs you will make and keep, and which can be discarded.
- You will be working with the tools the whole time, lectures will be interspersed to facilitate relevant points.
- Projects are - a single wine bottle box and a bench hook made and assembled to demonstrate and keep.